While summer is generally known as vacation season, the Pacific Northwest is a great vacation destination no matter what time of year. There are just as many fun things to do during the fall months as in summer, but with the bonus of smaller crowds. Stay at Oyhut Bay Seaside Village and have a relaxing home away from home to return to after a day of exploring. When planning your itinerary of what to do while in Ocean Shores, be sure to include some staple fall activities.
The Best Fall Activities around Ocean Shores
Whether you are enjoying a family vacation or a romantic getaway for two, there’s no shortage of fun autumn activities everyone will enjoy.
- Go leaf-peeping on area trails, like Weatherwax Trail or in Quinault National Park. This is a great way to immerse yourself in nature while taking in the stunning fall scenery. You can also see excellent fall foliage at local parks.
- Visit a festival. The end of summer doesn’t mean the end of festivals and gatherings. Ocean Shores has the Irish Music Festival and “More” Urban Unglued in October.
- Enjoy a day trip to a pumpkin patch. If you are looking for a great day trip, plan to visit Chapman Farms in Montesano.
- Book a fishing excursion with a local charter, like Ocean Sport Fishing. Bottom fishing runs through mid-October, while salmon and tuna fishing runs through September.
- If you’re looking for a bit of a thrill, go storm-watching. Fall is an ideal time for this popular pastime. There are several locations throughout Ocean Shores to watch storms roll in, but remember to be safe.
Recharge Your Batteries with a Pacific Northwest Vacation
A stay at Oyhut Bay Seaside Village is the perfect way to take a break and unwind from the craziness of life. Our cozy cottages are the ideal home base for your Washington escape. We offer everything from rentals with hot tubs to dog-friendly ones. Enjoy a night in after a day filled with exploring all of what there is to do in Ocean Shores. Call 360-209-1886 to learn more about our rentals and which one fits your needs best.