While summer may be the most popular vacation season, there is another excellent time of year for your family vacation: winter. With kids out of school for a little while on break, this is the perfect time to explore Ocean Shores on a vacation with Oyhut Bay Seaside Village. Planning a winter getaway to this Washington town means you can check out some of the top area activities and attractions without the busy summer crowds.
Things to Do in Ocean Shores during the Winter
Unlike other parts of the country, winter in Ocean Shores doesn’t mean freezing temperatures and endless snow. Daily average temperatures sit around the 40s, but there is plenty of precipitation, so be sure to pack raincoats and rain boots. These conditions mean you can still get out and explore the area’s natural beauty.
- Bundle up and go hiking. There are several trails to choose from, including the three-mile Damon Point State Park Trail or the mile-long Weatherwax Trail.
- Head to Griffith-Priday State Park or the jetty to do a bit of storm watching, a popular Pacific Northwest pastime. Be sure to follow all safety precautions, including not getting too close to the shoreline.
- Take a break from the outdoors and warm up at local family-friendly attractions. Go bowling at Shores Bowl or make your way through the games found in the arcade at Pacific Paradise.
- Enjoy an Ocean Shore sunset without having to stay up quite as late. There are plenty of prime viewing spots throughout town, including Ocean City State Park. If you are planning on watching from the shoreline, be sure to check an Ocean Shores tide chart to make sure your blanket stays dry!
- If the season is still open, try your hand at digging for razor clams. The length of the season can vary from year to year, so check the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife site for updates.
Book Your Winter Getaway to Ocean Shores
Winter will be here before you know it, which makes now the perfect time to book your Washington escape with Oyhut Bay Seaside Village. See for yourself why guests prefer staying at one of our Ocean Shores vacation rentals over local hotels or resorts.
Our cottage and condo rentals come with all the comfort and space of home. Cook delicious meals in your fully-equipped kitchen or relax in your private hot tub. We even have vacation rentals with their own game room! Call 360-209-1886 to learn more about the perks of staying at our Washington vacation rentals.