If you call the Seattle area home and are looking to escape the city for a bit, plan a visit to the coast. From the minute you arrive at your cottage rental from Oyhut Bay Seaside Village, you’ll be able to feel the stress of life just melt away. However, you don’t have to wait until you arrive for the fun to start. The drive from Seattle to Ocean Shores is filled with entertaining activities and attractions to explore on your drive.
What to Include on Your Washington State Road Trip Itinerary
It takes less than three hours to drive from Seattle to your Ocean Shores vacation rental, making it an easy trip for those looking to escape the city. However, the route is filled with charming towns and unique attractions, so be sure to leave plenty of time to stop and explore along the way.
- Play tourist on the way out of town by exploring The Museum of Flight. This Seattle museum features a range of spacecraft, aircraft, artifacts, and more throughout its exhibits that help tell the history of flight.
- Burn off some energy with a stop at Catapult Adventure Park in Federal Way. Race to the top of the rock wall or see who can finish the ropes course fastest. The amusement park features attractions everyone in your group will enjoy.
- Learn about the state’s history at the Washington State History Museum. Located in Tacoma, the museum and its exhibits tell the story of the people, places, and events that have shaped Washington into the state it is today.
- If you’re traveling with children, they’ll have a blast at Hands On Children’s Museum in Olympia. With over 150 exhibits, a half-acre of outdoor space, and 10 galleries, there is no shortage of things to discover as you walk around.
- Leave some time to explore the city of Hoquiam. See what you can find at the Grays Harbor Public Market or learn about the history of Grays Harbor at the Polson Museum.
Discover What Makes Washington So Unique
After enjoying the drive from Seattle to Ocean Shores, rest up in your cozy Washington coast rental from Oyhut Bay Seaside Village. Found on the south end of Ocean Shores, our properties put you close to some of the best things to do and see in Ocean Shores. Explore Oyhut Wildlife Recreation Area or try your hand at surfing the waves at Damon Point.
No matter which of our cottages or condominiums you reserve, you’ll have a calming place to call home as you enjoy a bit of R&R. Up the relaxing factor by staying at one of our accommodations that come with a hot tub. To learn more about our rentals and on-site amenities, call 360-209-1886.