As temperatures continue to rise, countless families start looking ahead to summer. These roughly three months of the year are known as prime family vacation season for a reason. Take advantage of the kids being out of school and your calendar being a little freer by planning a summer vacation to Ocean Shores, a popular coastal town in Washington State, with Oyhut Bay Seaside Village. Our vacation rentals make the perfect home base for any family getaway.
The Best Summer Things to Do in Ocean Shores
Summer in Ocean Shores brings with it idyllic weather. Temperatures are high but pleasant, the perfect conditions for spending as much time outside as possible. To help give you a head start planning your visit, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite summer adventures.
- Reserve your spot on a horseback ride outing with Honey Pearl Ranch. Rides start at $30 per hour, with excursions beginning at 10 a.m.
- Time your visit to line up with a popular annual event. Check out the Grays Harbor Festival of Colors or the Sand and Sawdust Festival in June to add some extra fun to your visit.
- Catch this summer’s biggest blockbusters at Ocean Shores Cinema. The local movie theater also puts on hilarious comedy shows, but check for any age restrictions before purchasing your tickets.
- Plan a day at the beach. Damon Point State Park is a great place to look for sea glass, while Ocean City State Park is known for easy beach access.
- Stop by Ocean Shores Kites to find just what you need for a high-flying adventure. The helpful staff can assist you in picking your perfect colorful kite.
- Make your way to Pacific Paradise, one of the top family-friendly attractions in town. See who comes out on top as you play your way through two mini-golf courses, bumper boats, and arcade games.
- Head out on a fishing excursion on the open seas. Let a knowledgeable guide from Westport Charters show you the best spots to cast your line.
- Explore Ocean Shores on one of the free bikes offered to our guests at the rental office on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Create custom t-shirts at Too Cool, one of our on-site retailers, to commemorate your summer getaway.
- Enjoy some friendly competition at one of our numerous on-site outdoor games, like bocce ball, giant chess, and horseshoes.
For more ideas on things to do during your summer vacation, check out our blog.
Reserve Your Family’s Home Away from Home
Summer is quickly approaching, which makes now the perfect time to book your Washington state home base in Ocean Shores. There’s no better place for your family to call home than a rental from Oyhut Bay Seaside Village.
While our grounds are filled with incredible amenities, it is, more importantly, filled with cozy cottages and condos with all the comforts of home. We even have dog-friendly options, so you can bring your four-legged friends along. Call 360-209-1886 to learn more about reserving your summer getaway with us.