The Washington Coast may not be the first place you think of for a beach getaway. However, there are plenty of sandy shoreline-filled beaches near Ocean Shores just waiting for you to discover them. Take a break from the hiking trails to enjoy a day out on one of the beaches near your vacation rental from Oyhut Bay Seaside Village.
A Guide to Washington Coast Beaches Near Ocean Shores
The beaches around Ocean Shores are the perfect place for adventures like shelling or flying kites. Depending on the season, you can find people out digging for clams. Popular beaches around the city include:
- Ocean City State Park features beach access and multiple walking trails.
- Damon Point State Park has a beach perfect for searching for shells and sea glass.
- North Jetty is home to a rocky beach ideal for storm watching and breathtaking views.
- Pacific Beach, located off Pacific Boulevard
- Griffiths-Priday State Park, found at the mouth of Connor Creek and Copalis River, has a beach backed by the Copalis National Wildlife Refuge.
Before setting off on your beach day, there are a few safety rules you should be aware of. Water temperatures average between the mid-40s and the mid-60s, and there are no lifeguards on any of the beaches. The beaches in Ocean Shores are filled with wildlife, which should be left alone.
While you can drive on some of the beaches depending on the season, you’ll want to check the tide tables for where you’re planning on parking. You can have fires on the beach as long as they are smaller than three feet on each side and three feet tall.
Enjoy a Relaxing Pacific Northwest Escape
From the minute you arrive at your rental in Oyhut Bay Seaside Village, feel the stress of everyday life slip away. After unpacking, explore the beaches and state parks around Ocean Shores. Unwind each night back in your cozy home away from home.
Tucked away near Oyhut Bay Wildlife Reserve, our resort is made up of cottages and condos, which means we have the ideal rental for your group. Our grounds also feature a variety of amenities like retail shops, a community garden, an amphitheater, and outdoor games. Call 360-209-1886 to learn more.